Bridge to Benefits - SD - Child Care Assistance Program
Print View
Child Care Assistance Program
To apply for child care assistance, a family must complete an application available from any local office or from the Child Care Services office in Pierre.  To request an application:

Read the application carefully and answer each question completely. If you need more room, attach an additional sheet of paper. The more information you provide, the easier it will be to process your application.

Make sure you attach all of the following:

  • Copies of the last two pay stubs for every adult in your household. If you have a new job, and haven’t yet received two pay stubs, send a wage verification form completed by your employer.
  • If you are self-employed, send a copy of your most recent tax return (and all schedules).
  • If you are in school, include copies of your school or training schedule.
  • If you, or your children, are resident aliens, attach copies of immigration documents.
  • If you, or another adult member of your household, makes court-ordered child support payments, attach verification of the monthly amount (a cancelled check, Child Support Enforcement records, or a receipt from the clerk of courts). This amount can be deducted from your household income.

Sign and date the application form.

Mail or fax your completed application to:

Child Care Services
700 Governors Drive
Pierre, SD 57501

Fax: 605 773-7294