Bridge to Benefits - SD - Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
Print View
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
To receive SNAP (formerly known as food stamps) benefits, the head of your household should apply at your local Social Services office. If this is not possible, an authorized representative may apply for you or you may apply by mail. The applicant is responsible for any over-issuance resulting from false information. Household circumstances discussed during the interview are confidential.

If no family member can come to the office or send a representative, a telephone interview or home visit may be arranged. This option is available to applicants who are age 65 or older, those who are disabled, or those with a hardship preventing them from coming into the office.

Applicants must provide proof of identity, residency, income and rent or mortgage payments. Social Security numbers must also be provided.

Click here to download the SNAP Application